Vera was a great experience. The restaurant had beautiful decor and also a great ambiance. The food was very good as well but I'll get into that in a minute. I found the restaurant by typing in "halal" in Google Maps and Vera popped up. I emailed them and they confirmed everything is halal at Vera. What intrigued me about the restaurant is that it had excellent reviews so I was very excited to try it. The service was fantastic, everybody was extremely nice and the food came out quickly. Overall I do recommend going here for the ambiance but would suggest ordering more of the vegetarian dishes.
This was the Hummus Alwen. I thought it was a pretty good but I don't know if the naan tasted like it was made there. I mean I am sure it was but the naan could have been better.
This was the Merguez. The lamb sausage was awesome but I actually think I liked the veggies more. Everything here tasted awesome.
This was the Batata Harra. The potatoes were pretty good and crispy.
This was the D'Jaj. The chicken itself was super juicy but I feel like it needed a dipping sauce on the side.
This was the Lamb Birria. I was not a fan of this dish. The name implied there would be a stew that would accompany the dish but there was none. The lamb itself was good but it definitely needed something else to pair with it. I wouldn't order this again.
This was the Ojala cocktail which was made with passionfruit, lime and basil. It was very good.
This was Mary's Calabaza which was roasted acorn squash and labneh pistachio gelato. I really enjoyed this.
This was Elote & Mole. It was good but not great.
Google Maps Location Link:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/jx2x9ZhSLWUDWufC8
Comments
Post a Comment