Ekiben - Baltimore, MD

Ekiben in Baltimore is great. There are two locations which I have the links for below. Their fried chicken sandwich is definitely different and very good. I personally think it's the sauce that really brings it all together. I've never really had a sauce quite like it. They call it a Spicy Sambal Mayo. The chicken sandwich is called The Neighborhood Bird. The chicken sandwich is pictured below. What is not pictured is their Tempura Broccoli which is amazing. I highly recommend it. What I would say is to eat it fresh and not wait until you get home because it will usually be a bit soggy by then and won't be fun to eat! Lastly, the idea of thai chicken meatballs sounds lovely, and they are lovely in The Original Bowl. But I just can't get over the Coconut Black Peppercorn Sauce, I just don't think it pairs very well with the meatballs. I love coconut and I love peppercorn but the two of them together just does not do it for me. 


The Neighborhood Bird



                                                    The Neighborhood Bird Bowl





                                        The Original Bowl (Thai Chicken Meatballs)



Google Maps Location Link:

Comments