The Quest for Butter Chicken

Butter chicken is easily my number one favorite food in the world. I love butter chicken so much. There is something about the tanginess, creaminess and how jam-packed it is of flavor that really sends my taste buds to the moon. I need to close my eyes when I take that first bite to really block out my other senses so I can take in all that flavor! With that said, not all restaurants make butter chicken equally. Some restaurants shouldn't even call what they make butter chicken in the first place. Don't get me wrong, they usually don't taste bad but they don't taste like butter chicken. There are only two places (below) in Maryland that I would recommend that consistently make butter chicken the right way. 

Kumari Restaurant & Bar - Mount Vernon
911 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 547-1600

Chutney Indian Restaurant
9400 Snowden River Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21045
+14103813600

The two below dishes at the bottom show what really good butter chicken should look like. Anything else is a fraud! The picture below is from Kumari. 



Comments